Max Brawn
Points: 14,526, Level: 78 Points: 14,526, Level: 78 Points: 14,526, Level: 78
Activity: 55% Activity: 55% Activity: 55%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I've had lots of experience with this type of dieting, and I like it. I found it very easy to simply not eat while I was at work, then break my fasts when I got off. I can't fall asleep hungry, and IF kept me from having to do that. I also got to focus my eating around my training, so if there's anything at all to peri-workout nutrition I was able to take advantage.

I know that BTB experimented with IF and had good results, but he monitored his results more closely than I and found that he lost muscle mass UNLESS he took in protein during his fasts.

Also, I'd highly recomend copious amounts of BCAA's taken in throughout your fast. BCAA's are great for keeping muscle while on a calorie deficit.

I had planned to do something very similiar to this during my current cycle, but I underestimated the hunger that would come with my current "supplementation". I'll have to hold off on cutting intil I'm off, but theoretically it doesn't get much better than a combination of IF and carb/calorie cycling.

Last edited by Soldier; 03-31-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook