View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #125
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,169, Level: 100 Points: 36,169, Level: 100 Points: 36,169, Level: 100
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

SQUAT AND BENCH

Foam roll and stretch
Been suffering from snapping hip so lots of hip, glute and piriformis work. More on this later.

Squats
Bar for 3 sets
60kgs x 10
100kgs x 5
140kgs x 3
160kgs x 1
170kgs x 1
Add belt
180kgs x 1
190kgs x 1
200kgs x 1 Bit of a grinder but OK

Pause squats
140kgs x 2 stopping on safeties
140kgs x 3 pausing just above

Bench
Bar
60kgs x 10
80kgs x 5
100kgs x 3
115kgs x 8, 5, 4 Stopped here as hip was getting tight again and I had nothing left

Curls because I was passing time until Mrs Al came to pick me up

Hip was fine while I was squatting once I had stretched off and warmed up. It's a condition which I've had on and off for years but it flares up when I'm sedentary. A few weeks of extensive stretching and I'll be back to normal. Bench was more of a problem than squats but manageable. Forgot my chalk so was sliding all over the place. This cost me a couple of reps on the first set but realistically after the lack of food all week, I just had no energy.

Overall I was pleased to be able to get in and lift something reasonably heavy. I'll continue to eat as much as possible and to stretch the hip and will hopefully have a good deadlift session on Tuesday.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook