has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn
Points: 2,673, Level: 31 Points: 2,673, Level: 31 Points: 2,673, Level: 31
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: The big 3
CODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributor
Default Speedy upper body

First off, hats off to everyone involved in relentless today. I saw somewhere the event raised around 90k for hope kids! Thats just awesome! I really hope I can be a part of that meet in the near future.

Secondly how about J_Byrd! This guy is a savage! To have the injury he did and make it back to the platform this fast would have been inspirational at the least, but to squat a PR is just pure BAD ASS!

Ok now on to some training lol

So anyone who uses a speed day im sure has been guilty, at one point or another, of just going through the motions. Its just too easy to bang out the prescribed 9x3 on the bench and end up with not a single rep being even close to how it will look, or feel on max effort day.

So I decided this day was going to be for just getting better. I traded the old 9x3 in for 9 singles. Every rep I try to mimic my regular bench as much as possible. For example I bring the bar down in a more controlled manner then pause and explode off the chest. I pay attention to my breathing and set up. I havent been doing this for long but I can tell you I feel better than ever. Plus im not in pain like I was before. I also try to do everything by feel. Why did I use that weight? Or a band or chain? Or just straight weight? Because I felt like it!!

15 minutes of warm ups. rolling, band work, medicine ball tosses.

bar x10x3

95x10x3

135x10x3

work sets

185x1x3(switch grip each set)

205x1x3

225x1x3

close grip

225x6x2
225x15

-hammer strength tricep push downs
-behind neck smith machine shoulder press
-hammer strength seated rows
-rope hammer curls

Like I said so far so good! I will continue to use singles until I feel like its time to make a change
CODY_SNIDER is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook