EdCoan-StrengthInc
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,213, Level: 19 Points: 1,213, Level: 19 Points: 1,213, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Over 30 yrs
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: squating over 900 lbs
EdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributorEdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributorEdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributorEdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributorEdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributorEdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributorEdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributorEdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributorEdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributorEdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributorEdCoan-StrengthInc is a dedicated contributor
Default Total Body Workout? Try the Deadlift

I was talking to a guy the other day and he mentioned that he always worked his back but never did a deadlift before because he thought it worked mostly his legs!

He also made mention that he was really "focusing on working out his whole body" I told him my friend you NEED to do deadlifts!

I always incorporated a variety of deadlifts within my back routine including sumo, traditional as well as stiff legged. Heck even the Romanian Deadlift is a good one to change it up with. But the reality is there is no better exercise to work nearly your entire body and here is why:

A properly performed deadlift (Which the Ed Coan Deadlift Routine emphasizes), requires thighs, hips and the lower back to break the weight from the floor; The lower latissimus and mid –erectors kick in as the barbell slides up the shins and over the knees, crawling up the thighs, the upper lats, rhomboids, teres and trapezius lock the weight out. Even peripheral muscles like the glutes and hamstrings are stimulated by deadlifts! Pretty amazing right? p90x might make you sweat... but the deadlift works your body!

I absolutely cannot stress this enough that every single muscle in the back receives a muscle building, strength infusing, jolt from a properly applied form of deadlifts.

Happy Deadlifting!

Ed Coan
EdCoan-StrengthInc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook