View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Right, got it.
I bought the organic one because it was the only one that had only peanuts and salt in it.
There were loads of others but they all had quite allot of sugar in.
I tend to got for organic stuff because I don't really trust supermarket stuff, and what they put in the fruit, bread, veg, etc to keep it fresh.
When I make bread at home, it lasts maybe a day or two. The must put a tone of crap in the bought bread to keep it from going off, it lasts for weeks on the shelf.
I grow allot of my own vegetables too.
Read that vegetables and fruit have only 1 third of the nutrients today than they had 50 years ago.

I understand, thanks for the help. I certainly did need to get things started, you weren't to know I already had a Journal up.
My 2p:

1. Agree that your best approach is to keep it simple and pursue one goal (probably bulking at your stage).
2. No harm in asking questions and reading. That's how we learn.
3. There's very little convincing evidence that organic food is any better for you. Though there may be some sound ethical reasons for eating it. I've heard that 1/3 of nutrients statement before - it's unlikely to be a anything more than a wild generalisation.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook