Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Twisted
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
People say around 10% is where you start to see abs.Say you were higher than that percentage, couldn't you end up getting a six pack whilst on your bulk by building your abs and making them bigger and stronger, just like you do with the rest of your muscles? Sure they probably wouldn't be as defined, but surely you could get a set of good looking abs, without been really low in the body fat percentages.
My non-pro opinion on this, is that you will only "grow" your abs to a certain size. The amount of fat on top of them will remain the same, and they will still be masked. Should you be genetically inclined to have individual segments that stand out like pop cans, you would also be increasing the size of your waist, which I don't think I've seen any naturals trying to do.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook