View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
Mombow111
Mombow111
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good posts

@Folk Prophet: When I can't find any hot sauce for my babies.
Time and Form Will be my focuses, yah I realize that I'll be lifting a crap load less weight than usually but with something along the lines of this intensity A. I'd rather not sustain any additional downtime from unnecessary injuries and B. I can always add the weight again latter. To elucidate my statement about wanting 50% mass and 50% strength - I'm not looking to be a power lifter, I'm not looking to be a body builder- I just want to get bigger, and stronger with a fairly concrete and toned frame (ie. I have a six pack which I'd like to keep). My rational behind this is that I know from experience that I can loose weight while I gain strength (I went from 100lb dumbbles to 140lb on BP in this fashion) while I lost 5-10 pounds in the process, ultimately I was disapointed though because I didn't gain much in terms of muscle mass.

@BendtheBar
20 rep dead-lifts are something I'm completely new too, though I typically go for about 10 off a box (to allow myself to go deeper)- deadlifts have always been a mental feat for me anyway, if I need to do 20 at a reasonable weight than I'll get it done. In terms of soreness I generally only get sore on them after returning from a long lapse in using them or simply going all out a fixating on deadlifts during a single workout.. Recently I revitalized my entire strategy and have attributed a high concentration to using proper form with each technique, so yes my plan is to start of a weight that is not particularly. What I was implying when I said I've never done full-body before was that I never picked up a static routine for a full-body, recently I've been combining muscle groups to try to acclimate myself to what I might be experiencing.

The squats I've be a very big advocate of squats every since I started, I used to run 13 miles a day in my prime so I always had a good foundation in that particular aspect (as to breathing squats, I've been doing them for a little more than half a year, and have tried multiple variations in terms of volume). Calve presses I would be doing with my typical weight, but the squat I was considering doing body weight in respect to the fact that it might compress my ribcage as I was reading (but then again I'm doing hise-shrugs which are essentially the same thing except i'm basically mandated to do it above my body weight to get any intensity out of it- kinda countradicting my previous point, nay?).

Oh yah, I definitely feel you on spliting the deadlifts and squats (I've never felt comfortable on front squats though, would you say that they're important??); theres probably just so much strain I can take in a single day (perhaps I'll omit the drop sets until it start's getting 'easy' -_-).

Last edited by Mombow111; 03-01-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Mombow111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook