View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome to the forum MB. Here are my thoughts:

I like the 3 day a week fullbody approach. 20 rep sets of deadlifts are very effective, but they are also very taxing. Have you ever performed them before? My primary reason for asking is to see how the impact you from a soreness standpoint.

Squats - I want to not misunderstand you...are you doing them with body weight, or the calf raises with bodyweight? i assume just the calf raises? If using weight, I find that it can take me weeks to work up to a 20 rep set with any weight. Some are lucky and can hit a 20 rep set out of the gate. If you've never performed them before, I wouldn't try using a 10RM at the beginning. I would go lighter and feel the set out.

I think overall you have a good set of exercises. But, the volume of work in combination with 20 rep sets of squats and deadlifts each day will probably be too much. I would consider starting with a lighter split, using the same exercises, and maybe do only one 20 rep set per day. Squats - deadlift-squats. Or squats - deadlifts - front squats.

You mentioned that you have never been on a full body before. From my understand, it's better to start small and "grow" into them, so to speak - if this makes sense?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook