Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #25
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroatianSensation View Post
Hey Steve, I'm just confused about the whole gaining bulk and fat loss at the same time. I'm 6 feet and i weight 190 pounds. I've lost 15 pounds of fat through cardio, strict diet and the weight lifting plan you have up on M&S, the 4 Day Maximum Mass Workout, in the last two months. In short what diet or weight training plan do i have to follow to get DEFINED muscles. I believe I'm almost passed the weight loss diet and now i want to start to bulk in such a way the i have low body fat and DEFINED muscles. I wanna be able to see those abs! Thanks!
Hi CS,

Most guys simply aren't going to do both well, if at all, at the same time. Beginners can sometimes gain muscle while losing fat, but all this is generally sub-optimal. It's like trying to hit 2 targets with one bullet.

Best to do like you are doing - lost the fat you want to lose while training for muscle. that is the only thing you can control. You can't get weak while cutting or else you will lose muscle.

Let me ask where your current strength levels are, how many calories are you eating per day and how many grams of protein per day? Also what is your age?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-01-2013 at 11:11 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook