View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #6
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 32,028, Level: 100 Points: 32,028, Level: 100 Points: 32,028, Level: 100
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCStrong View Post
I just added front squats to my routine, today. Compared to my low back squat I lift like a little girl.....

Question One : What is the correct bar position? Even with light weight, I was killing my shoulders.

Question Two: What is a good target ration ( or typical ratio) of weight lifted on back versus front squats?
Example- Hypothetically,if I can lift 250 for 5 on low back then what should my goal be on front squats?
Signed,
Weak and confused in Texas
Try getting your elbows up and the bar as close to your throat as possible, you should feel like choking when unracking. I think that if you do 250 for 5 on the back squat, 200 for 5 on the fronties is a good short term goal. Also as Mike said its a painfull lift at first but when flexibility gets better you learn to love it =)

Share with Facebook