View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #15
nighttrain
nighttrain
is heading back over the atlantic
Max Brawn
Points: 10,586, Level: 68 Points: 10,586, Level: 68 Points: 10,586, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Simon Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
My Mood: Inspired
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
I'm actually opposite. I can not squat nearly as heavy on a smith and I don't even go over about 225 or so. It tweaks my back. But free weight squats feel good to me.

But back to the subject at hand, I agree with Steve that it doesn't matter....BUT that said, the weight of the Smith bars are rarely 45 lbs. In fact ours at my gym is 22 lbs. Some have counter weights and some don't. the weight of a smith bar can be all over the map. I guess it's not a huge deal, but I'm into details
this is the same issue i have, i just dont know what the weight is on the smith at my gym... i just count the weight like it was a 45 pound bar, but i know it is not tottally correct and it has counter weights...

i realy dont care what the weight is as long as i get a good work out.. but for chest pounding reasons everyone likes the BIG numbers...

as far as ass to grass goes, i cant even squat ass to grass with no weight on my back, but i do try to get legs parralell when i squat.

Share with Facebook