Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 AM  
miked96
miked96
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 10,832, Level: 68 Points: 10,832, Level: 68 Points: 10,832, Level: 68
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

My Mood: Relaxed
miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

When you go back to benching consider two things with the MM routine.
1.Bench once a week. I know the original routine has two days but those guys were doing most of their work in shirts, they were chemically enhanced, and bench only lifters. Sebastian Burns recommend a bench day and a squat/dl day if a full meet lifter and natural. Anything else was too much. I struggle with the same thing because I love to lift but sometimes that love gets you hurt and retards progress.

2.Dont go crazy with the big jumps looking for PRs every workout. Especially with the boards. That routine is all about volume and letting it raise your strength over time. Make 10 to 20 pound jumps on the boards and put the work in. So if you stop pause benching at 335x3, start your board work at 365 and work up doing triples. The overall weight you handle is going to be alot greater if you just make 50 pound jumps and only get three sets in. In the end, who gives a shit what you board press. Its an exercise to make the bench go up not an event.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook