Thread: Cube questions
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,871, Level: 100 Points: 36,871, Level: 100 Points: 36,871, Level: 100
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlilly3 View Post
The answer I will give you is this. On your heavy days, when you do your sets, after the prescribed sets are done do a couple of heavier singles to see how you feel and adjust. For example when I went back raw my best squat was 650 after I took the gear off. So I began with 625 as my start weight, then I would test myself and as I got stronger, and did more weight on my work sets, by the end of the cycle I had taken 725 for 3, and 760 for a single. I squatted 800 that meet. All I ask is that you adhere to the principles of speed, rep, heavy. Dont adjust the speed and rep % until youve proven you are stronger on your heavy day.
Hi Brandon

Thanks for responding so quickly. Gonna combine this with the shirted bench cycle in the manual and see how I go. I'll keep you posted.
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook