Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
1) Frequent squats are a must. My hammies feel horrible when i squat only once a week.
We know that works well for you. Particularly with the way you squat.

I think this goes hand-in-hand with finding the right frequency for a particular lift. Squats more often, perhaps Bench/Dead not so often.

Quote:
2) I need to think long term regarding my lifts and not pressure myself for rapid progress.
Quote:
5) I need some assistance work. I need to maintain a minimum level of strength from calves to biceps.
I think these two can relate quite well. Some targets for assistance work should help spread the PR's around a little so you're not constantly banging away at Squat PRs. Perhaps rep records like I'm doing or other exercises like we've done in the past.

EDit - Also something I was thinking about while watching the Strongman on TV (don't tell me the result, I don't know the final yet!) - Is that these guys are just fucking strong from head to toe. They're massive, muscular and strong. A bit of rep work and assistance will help here I'm sure.

Quote:
3) I hate long term periodization.
Same. Pre-planning according to someone else's schedule isn't natural.

Shorter 3 week cycles then? You know where I'm going with this.

Last edited by Fazc; 01-01-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook