Bacon Braised Brussels Sprouts in Cream
* 1 pound brussels sprouts
* 2 pieces bacon, roughly chopped
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Wash brussels sprouts, remove outer leaves and bottoms, slice in half.
2. In a large heavy saucepan that has a tight fitting lid, brown bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, leaving fat in the pan.
3. Add brussels sprouts to bacon fat and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until sprouts have begun to brown.
4. Add cream and a pinch of salt, stir, then cover with a lid and cook over medium low heat until cream is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
5. Add lemon juice to sprouts and stir to combine. Finish by sprinkling parsley and crumbled chopped bacon over the dish.
Read more: Recipe - Brussels Sprouts Braised in Cream with Bacon | Savour Fare