View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Beginners: What Do I Really Need to Get Started

Most things in life have a beginning and an end.

Some of us have a tough time getting started and when we really are enjoying ourselves, we dread the thought of it ending.

Even the best laid plans some how get set aside in favor of things that somehow seem more important at the moment.

With regard to your training, the most important thing is ambition.

The second most important thing is called time management.

Setting aside a few hours a week doesn't sound like such a big deal until you are some how forced to do it.

I suggest one hour every other day, three days per week.

With the ambition and the time, now comes the third thing, something called...

A plan.

If you are not quite sure of what you are doing or how to go about it, I strongly suggest that you seek out someone who has "been there and done that".

In regard to basic beginner progressive resistance training, choose an instructor that has had his share of success with developing champions.

Mark Berry was such an individual.

He was not only a National Champion weight lifter in his own right, but, in 1932, was the very FIRST coach for the United States Olympic Weight Lifting Team.

And, again, in 1936.

In addition, he trained another National Weight Lifting Champion who just happened to become an UNDEFEATED champion bodybuilder...

John Grimek.

Fortunately for all of us, Berry laid out his training methods in 3 separate courses accompanied by 3 beautiful wall charts describing each and every exercise.

These are all basic compound movements that utilize the fourth important thing that you will need...

A set of adjustable plate loading barbells and dumbbells.

Nothing else is needed.

What could be simpler.

Check his course out here:

Mark Berry - The Mark Berry Barbell Courses

Sorry, Steven, you just ran out of excuses.

So, get going or you'll run out of time!

Until the next time...

Yours for greater strength,

Bill Hinbern

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook