Thread: BB's in my gym
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 12:17 AM  
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I don't think it's unusual for some bodybuilders to avoid deadlifts. Most bodybuilders squat though. When it comes to benching a lot of the bodybuilders I talk with prefer inclines.

For what it's worth, I've interviewed at least 100 top current bodybuilders and most list their top 3 exercises as squats, deadlifts and a bench variation. This is actually one of the standard questions I ask them.

Training evolves a lot over the years. What they are doing now probably differs greatly from what they did 5-10 years ago. The wear and tear from using heavy compounds takes its toll, especially when combined with the tendency of modern bodybuilders to volume train.

Bodybuilding generally doesn't talk periodization, so they are all forced to adapt some way, some how over time to lessen the strain. Usually you see lifters build strength bases and then branch out into more joint friendly moves over the years.

I will add that once you have muscle, it's pretty easy to maintain as well.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook