kitarpyar
is a rank novice now
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
My Mood: Aggressive
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Seriously, I don't get box squats at all. No disrespect to anyone. Just seeking illumination.
My impression was, in addition to posterior loading, this is a good way to get the squat form down. Too lazy/tired to search the video on squat technique, but anyway, basically the video said squat down and back as if your butt is searching for a chair (or box - hence the box squat).

If you listen to the Darden video in this thread, he even cites and example of Jo Jordan and the reason box squats help him is because his normal squat form is almost the same as his box squat form.

So I guess one can think of box squat as a tool for getting down form. Anyway, I am just firing in the dark, and there are lots of good squatters here. May be they can throw some light on this.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook