kitarpyar
is a rank novice now
Max Brawn
Points: 23,884, Level: 94 Points: 23,884, Level: 94 Points: 23,884, Level: 94
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
My Mood: Aggressive
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

By all accounts, Steve Reeves's competitive career ended before the advent of steroids in sports. His physique in his movies, though impressive, was definitely not as good as it was during the Mr America, Mr Universe and Mr World contest.

If he did take steroids, then I envision one of the following scenarios -
  1. He was a super-scientist and figured out steroid usage properly, and kept his scientific knowledge a secret from rest of the public.
  2. If he used steroids post competition for movies, steroids pared down his physique
  3. We have been lied to. The first use of steroids weren't by Soviets around 1952 Olympics, and American bodybuilders were using it way before the Soviets.

None of the above three makes any sense to me.

Anyway, its all a bit oxymoronic when he says Arnold was one of the first to bring steroids to America and then claim that Reeves was using steroids. Reeves stopped competing 18 years before Arnold came to States.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 09-14-2012 at 11:06 AM.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook