Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
My Mood: Cheerful
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
No problem. One of these day's I'll write something like this up and plan for it to be an article and make sure all the bases are covered before hand. To answer your question, this is how I eat 3-4 times a day for the past 4 years. The I get the same (similar) results every time. The only time I get a blood glucose spike from protein is with intake of whey protein in excess of 45g.

I actually only see protein in my urine these days if drastically overeat carbs, which causes my blood sugar to spike high. At this point, I will see trace protein and a small amount of sugar in the urine. High protein, high fat has never given these results for me.

On average, breakfast will have 60g protein, lunch 1 and 2 will have a combined 150-175g and dinner will have 120-150g protein. I don't do this test every time I eat as it would get expensive, but I do test at least once a week, 8-12 times during the day, which gives a better look at what my blood glucose levels are doing than just checking after meals.
Very good. That's kind of what I was looking for. So you're saying:

*You get a spike with whey alone in excess of 45 grams.
*You get a spike with protein/high carbs.
*High protein/high fat is no problem for you.
*You're getting 350ish grams of protein per day spread out over four meals.

I'm looking forward to seeing more from you on this topic. Good info.

It won't let me rep you. I owe you some.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook