Thread: Bulk or Cut?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,504,562, Level: 100 Points: 1,504,562, Level: 100 Points: 1,504,562, Level: 100
Activity: 73% Activity: 73% Activity: 73%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Right now you're adding strength. Whatever you're doing is working. I wouldn't change anything dramatically diet wise. Continue to ride that strength wave. You certainly could try to drop a few pounds if you like, but I wouldn't try to purposely bulk and add weight.

You should be adding some muscle along the way, so it's likely you will gain a little weight. The next 12 months you should see more changes. We're not talking 20-30 pounds, but maybe a solid 5-10 in the next 12 months. Focus on the basics...getting enough protein and healthy fats, eating a variety of nutritious foods, all that. We're getting older, so make every calorie count.

I would rather see you not worry about weight classes and just build strength and some muscle. If anything, ask yourself what is best for my health. You look to be at a very good weight for your height, meaning you look healthy.

I would stay the course for a couple years, get stronger and see where this takes you. I wouldn't try to fit into a weight class, but rather focus on strength building.

One of the biggest mistakes people make is ruining a good thing. You're on a roll right now. Keep it rolling. When it stops rolling, then make adjustments. That's my opinion Mike.

Cut if you want, but save the bulking and weight class thoughts for down the road when you are looking at competing at a national level - which I think you will achieve if you continue to enjoy this path in life.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook