Max Brawn
Points: 6,091, Level: 50 Points: 6,091, Level: 50 Points: 6,091, Level: 50
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sBB View Post
Do you think it would be alright to use portion sizes on a plate instead of counting calories? I heard that each meal should be about a third plate of protein, a third veggies and a third carbs.

I'm thinking if I used plate portions to help calculate my daily macros and calories, I could then just focus on eating enough portions instead of counting everything each day.
My philosophy is to make the best choice among the best options that gets the job done while living life, and fits your lifestyle--even if its necessary to create a new habit to have it become like riding a bike. Some inconveniences are created to make it become a convenience. Simple as that.

The amount of time you put into studying portion sizes and calories will pay off when things come up in life (no surprise...they always do), like going out to eat, where you can approximate your calories on-the-fly (by eyeballing it) this will eliminate stresses involved when not knowing. Education in what you are doing, simply reduces unnecessary stress.

Simply put, you decide which fits you best. However, don't baby yourself. If you need to takes steps to learn, the other choice, and its going to take extra time, then do it as compared to the alternative where it becomes inadequate. You take time to eat. Now take time to learn what you eating. If you want it. You do what it takes.

Simple as that.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook