View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #13
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerho View Post
Both methods work, but... Important, but overlooked thing is that most important is adding volume over time... Just banging 5x5 month after month is not enough if volume only increases because of more weight is added.
For what training levels?

Just playing the Devil's advocate here but I have seen more than a few people run 5x5s up the ladder to some very high numbers. I myself ran a simple 3 set per lift approach into a 500 squat and 365 bench. I was always a pretty low volume guy, never really training more than 9-12 sets per workout.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but rather want to better understand who you believe benefits from extra volume? Perhaps the late intermediate who has hit a 1300+ total with a 5x5?

I can't rule out the possibility that my 3 set approach might have been improved with more volume, but it worked so I didn't change things.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-10-2012 at 08:40 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook