Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cool
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
is there anywhere you can get specific coaching on these lifts ?
no, not currently, but i've worked with power cleans before and clean and press, so i'm confident in those two lifts if i take it slowly and respect the technicality. as far as jerks and full olympic lifts, i'll probably avoid those until coaching became available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Sounds good! I started by cleaning or snatching just the bar, and after a while 30 and then 40kg's. I did this for alot of sets and reps, 20mins or so, to practice the lift. When i felt confident about my form (i took 2-3 months of 3-5 sessions a week to get to this point) i started to add weight and did something like 5x3 before the main lift, and going for 1RM on the occasional "play day" in the gym.
thanks swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Well not necessarily that you should avoid it, you know I like the routine 'cos I wrote it! But if you're still making progress on a more frequent schedule I'd rather you milk that.

When you genuinely stall on full body stuff you'll have a few options either to abbreviate down or carry on with some weekly modifications. Either way works as long as you do, it's not massively important what 'routine' you use just as long as you get out and do something.

If you want to go for it though, then great you'll have a lot of support from others doing the same thing and I'm here if you need help too.

Rock on
and that is the crux of it. i know that right now the madcow method of progression is working for me, so really maybe i just need a set/rep scheme change rather than programming. progress is coming, but boredom is too.

maybe i just need a week off?

i'd like to keep the frequency since i can still progress with it.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook