Old 12-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannebe91 View Post
I do not understand where you are getting pie from. I believe she said that the serving size was 1/16 of a pie. Not actually eating a piece of pie.
Well, to say that fruit is worse than a piece of pie for someone, sort of suggests that it's better to just eat the pie; the doc could have compared it to a different fruit instead but didn't...and people do tend to take words at face value and many would just go eat the pie, even if it was only because a doc had stated that pie had less calories in.

I remember one doc telling someone that fruit is good for them, which was interpreted by the patient as "I can eat as much of this fruit as I want" (cherries, grapes by the punnet loads) and they were diabetic; a completely wrong interpretation based on the doc's words.

Share with Facebook