View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

My reasons have changed over the years. At first I lifted because of the control factor. Lifting was one of the few things in life that I had control over as a young guy. I could work hard and see results, and these results gave me confidence, a nice body and more attention from the female species.

Along this path I fell in love with bodybuilding. Not just the gym aspects, but the larger than life characters...Platz, Arnold, the Barbarian Brothers, etc.

Over time I focused on one simple method of training...progression on basics. This journey lead to more strength but a decreasing rate of muscle gains.

Around 2007 I began to turn, loving the quest for strength more than the quest for looks. And that is why I lift now. I am old, happy and have new challenges. I want to be inhumanly strong at the age of 50.

Setting all this aside, there is an important core reason why I lift: I love it. It's fun for me. It's like a real life game, where I can level up each day...one more rep, one more rep.

This quest for one more is really why I lift. It's not about strength. It's not about muscle. I just love doing one more.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-22-2011 at 10:54 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook