Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
I understand that drugs are part of the sport at that level, but is it really worth killing yourself over?
No. I wonder how many would have given it all up, lying on their back in a hospital bed, near death, and were told it was from chemical abuse in their prime when a professional body builder.

Without the high, the amounts of drugs these people take can be argued to be close kin to taking illegal drugs (like meth), when considering the stresses it puts on the organs and other aspect of the body.

I wouldn't consider it, even if I were in my prime. In addition, Neuromuscular conditioning/building (even without drugs) is only one componant among many that encompasses ones health.

Some lifting seem to forget, that there is a heart beating and lungs that breath, that need cardiovascular conditioning (beyond what traditional muscle building/conditioning may bring), which is another componant in ones health.

When you induce drugs/chemicals that go beyond what the body normally produces, you are forcing the body to deal with what it normally produces, and what was added, which then taxes/stresses various organs over time. When young, abuse/use is more tolerated. However, you carry this scab/history into older age, it isn't as well tolerated.

Its bad enough we do not know (with our own personal genetics) how our own body deals with the food we eat. I am not pointing to how the body traditionally works with proteins, fats, carbohydrates, and micronutrients, but its excesses. There is a reason why there has been flip flopping on what causes plaque/hardening of the arteries. You throw in genetics with the rest, it can become a real mess.

Its not what is on the outside that kills you. Its what's on the inside, and how the body "genetically" tolerates what you put externally INTO it.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook