Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
Cliffs:
Training in the 95% range all the time is couterproductive(for me at least)
Work your weak points
This is fun, treat it as such
Never stop learning about how your body reacts to certain styles of training.
Yep, in regards to periodisation that is what we're talking about with 2 weeks heavy and 1 week light. Periodisation doesn't need to be a complicated affair, but the basis of what we're saying here is that the loading needs to be sufficiently heavy in nature to warrant the third week off. What we're discussing here is severe loading patterns for those 2 weeks. The motivation for that is the training of some elite lifters we know of, while we cannot hope to emulate that type of training all the time, i think it's good to shoot for periods of that kind of intense training some of the time backed up with plenty of rest in between.

I fully believe that to be better than average requires harder than just 'average' training which is sustainable for long periods and my experience has borne that out.

We talked in length about specifity with the end result being that we figured weak points could be addressed via partial lifts. So the lifts and their variations form the bulk of the workout.

I find this type of discussion fun Good points Austin, I'd like to hear more of your input on what i've said above.

Last edited by Fazc; 10-29-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Fazc is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook