Fat, Pale, Weak
Max Brawn
Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beer
austin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machine

One thing that has helped me is periodisation (sp?) I am not talking like conjugating or anything really technical, but with 5/3/1 the intensity is always there but the weight isnt always crazy heavy. I still think the hardest week is the 5rm week while the heaviest week seems to be the easiest. This could speak a lot about my inability to be strong in certain rep ranges or the fact the periodizing weights is great for me. I also believe in training your weak points. Now that I am more of an intermediate lifter I have noticed some weak points that I have. One glaring weak point is my lockout on deadlift. I can pull 500 to my knees relatively easily, but have no chance at locking it out yet. I have attacked this weakpoint with heavy rack pulls and I am making progress like i was when on BS 5X5. Another huge key for me is to have fun lifting weights. Sometimes a PR in a completely meaningless lift is perfect to get the brain pointed in the correct direction. Also, what works for the huge dude at the gym, might not work for you. Learn your body, pay attention to what is telling you, and apply that to your training. If I had a nickel for everytime someone has told me that X lift helped my squat or bench, I would be a lot better off financially.

Cliffs:
Training in the 95% range all the time is couterproductive(for me at least)
Work your weak points
This is fun, treat it as such
Never stop learning about how your body reacts to certain styles of training.
Deadlift: 473
Push Press: 235X3
Clean and Strict Press: 175X3
12 inch Log Press: 250
Yoke: 650X18.5'
Atlas Stone: 300 over 48" bar
Hummer Tire Dead: 500X3
18" Deadlift: 550
Many more PR's to come
Youtube user name: Coachlefty
austin.j.taylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook