Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I picked the Deadlift variations at random, we'd each pick the 3 we think would be most helpful to us. So in as much as I like deficit deads, (especially Sumo) it's not as useful for an equipped dead. Or perhaps I'm wrong, some longer range of motion stuff should still be included, equipped or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Also, I seem to benefit from power shrugs, so on partial day I might add in a couple sets at the end.
That could definitely work, the partials could be done over a range of different heights as long as the overall volume is maintained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Now, rows...they have helped my lockout strength. I would probably keep them a part of my pressing days, with perhaps a press, row, press, scheme. Thoughts?
Yep, some upper back work needs to be in somewhere and if you only want to Press twice then that could work fine. But we don't want to risk diluting the routine with too many exercises or producing residual fatigue if you sandwich the Bent Row between two lower body days. How would you fit that in overall?

Here's what I'm thinking, again just thinking out loud, nothing definite yet:

Day 1:
CGBP (sling) - 6 triples

Day 2:
Squat (briefs/wraps) - 8 singles
Partial Sumo - 6 triples

Day 3: OFF or
Overhead Press - 6 triples
Chins - 6 x

Day 4:
Box Squat - 6 triples
Deficit Deadlifts - 6 triples

Day 5:

Bench Press (sling) - 8 singles
CG 3 Boards - 6 triples

Day 6:

Sumo Dead (brief/wraps) - 8 singles
Partial Squat - 6 triples

Day 7: OFF

Repeat for two weeks then take a week where you train maybe twice a week, at 50% on the main lifts.

Edit - Practically speaking, you could do all that in 3 days per week, if you did 3 exercises a session. We agreed that two main per day is probably the way to go.

Last edited by Fazc; 10-29-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook