View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100 Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100 Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Eggs are one of the most nutritionally dense foods in the universe. You are not going to croak by eating 4 eggs a day. Drinking soda all day = croak. Eating Little Debbies all day = croak.

The good in eggs far outweighs any small amount of "bad'.

Here's an article I wrote on eggs:

A Look at Protein Foods: Eggs | Muscle & Strength

I address saturated fats:

Quote:
Exploring the issue of saturated fats, the FDA recommends that an individual eat 20 grams of saturated fats per day on a 2,000 calorie diet. An active, natural bodybuilder who requires 3,000 to 4,000 calories per day would obviously require more saturated fats. This requirement could go as high as 30 to 40 grams per day, or more.

Adding four whole eggs per day provides only 6.4 grams of saturated fat, and 20 total grams of overall dietary fat. As you can plainly see, there is little reason for a natural bodybuilder to avoid the egg.
Bottom Line: Eating 4 eggs a day only gives you 6.40 grams of saturated fats. You NEED (to survive in good health) 30-40 grams of saturated fats per day. Some people, like your mother, believe you should eat zero. That is BAD for health.

Avoid fried chicken. Eat eggs. Sorry mom. The end.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-05-2010 at 07:19 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook