Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
My Mood: Aggressive
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Rich brought up the fact that bodybuilders don't like it here because I stress eating big.
I don't get this. I mean, I understand and trust what Rich is expressing, but I don't get why people would focus in your bulking advice and shy away from the site because of it.

I didn't get big until I started eating big while lifting hard. I certainly didn't have the patience for a "slow, clean bulk" where I gain maybe .5 pound a month for 2 years, so I've accepted my fat gain along with my muscle gains.

Now, I don't have a desire to be shredded, but I will eventually cut some fat and at that point, well, yeah, I think the site seems to have a relative dearth of advice and articles on how to lean down without losing tons of muscle (and also on how to add those last few pounds of muscle with minimal fat gains). Heck, I figure I'll just hit up Rich or Titan for advice.

So, as far as your advice on eating, I think it's taken out of context. Bulking is about building yourself up (with quality foods, as you always mention) in order to get bigger and stronger. I can't see the benefit (at first) in doing this slowly as I have found a lack of clear and tangible gains to be discouraging.

I appreciate more than anything the fact that this site has a bunch of people with a bunch of varied goals sharing advice and giving feedback.

Share with Facebook