View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Hazzard
Hazzard
is proud to represent Muscle and Brawn. And Pop Tarts.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
My Mood: Sleepy
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Thought I'd start with yesterday's session, as it was a beast and I'm definitely feeling it today:

30/08/11

Usually I train on Monday, but due to the bank holiday (gym shut early) and the end of Reading Festival (swarms of dirty, smelly, tired people I did not want to experience) I shifted all my sessions up a day so ended up doing max effort lower yesterday.

Squat
20x10
60x5x2 sets
100x5x2 sets
140x3
180x1
200x1

After this I got a powerlifting buddy to wrap my knees, which hurt, but not too much (yet).

215x1
230x1

For my big final single we got someone else to warp my knees and OH. MY. GOD. This hurt like hell, 3 hours later and the back of my knees are still burning. Didn't quite manage the lift by myself, needed a little help from the back spotter, but it didn't help that I really struggled to get the weight out of the rack and I was slightly unbalanced when trying to hold the weight. Still, I gave it my all.

245x1 with a little help

DE Deadlift
Warm-Up
165x1x10 sets

Trap Bar Deadlift
60x5
100x3
140x3
180x1
200x1
220x1
240x1
250x1
260x1

Woot, twelve plates! Really, really pleased with this as I've never done heavy trap deads before. Definitely easier that straight bar deads, although getting it off the floor was an absolute pain - the second it passes the knee it flies up, so such a different lift to the straight bar. Still, damn pleased with this and overall I MONSTER session.

Share with Facebook