View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,847, Level: 100 Points: 36,847, Level: 100 Points: 36,847, Level: 100
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I have reached a new level of hell on bench presses this month. I have worked with 405 twice and the biggest challenge is my abs and obliques. They quiver and rebel and feel like they are going to cramp.

Just wanted to mention this because I have been working the heck out of my abs and obliques this year with weighted work. It's really helped with my squat eccentrics, but with how weak they feel on bench - I have some work to do.

Just when you think you've turned a weakness into a strength, heavier weight teaches you that your weakness is still a weakness and you're not working hard enough.
Just another reason why getting from 2pps to 3pps is not the same as getting from 3pps to 4. At heavy loads just holding the damned bar can be hard! You'll get it done.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook