kitarpyar
is a rank novice now
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
My Mood: Aggressive
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Regarding his weight during 1967, etc., I have no idea what his conditioning was like so I hesitate to comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Butt View Post
What you have to keep in mind here are onstage vs. off-season conditions.

...though he certainly wasn't fat, he wasn't quite in contest shape either. Two years later he was 215-218 onstage at the Mr. Universe.

This was Park's heaviest weight in the lead-in to the 1965 Mr. Universe contest - which he self-reported on the contest's entry form. (Incidentally, he listed 19.5" as his arm size at that weight.) He was actually 222 lbs onstage ...and not quite as sharp as his 1950's conditions. Park has said this himself in interviews and articles from the time.

Probably true. Park himself has said that he let himself get heavy in the off-season from time to time ...but also too smooth for photos.

So comparing roughly similar body-fat to body-fat conditions, Park's best weights were in the 215-225 range, peaking in 1957. To my knowledge, Park has never stepped onstage at a major show at more than 225 lbs. The heavier weights are off-season or the rare guest appearance.
That makes a lot of sense. And, as to the OP's question, it would seem that Reg Park probably, didnt use steroids, or didnt benefit much from them if he did.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links