Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I was thinking more in terms of the evolution withing Westside over the years...from this quote. The evolution of Westside from low rep volume work to max training.
Right yeah the old stuff seemed quite clear; they basically cycled low reps for longer cycles as their ME day. But who knows what they currently do at WSB exactly. I think in reality it's a lot more instinctive and a lot less prescriptive. They're a bunch of the strongest lifters on the planet training in one facility. On any given day at WSB I highly doubt you'd see six 300lb powerbears frantically huddled around a printed piece of paper to tell them whether it's GHR's or RDLs today.

Quite a few articles have talked about lighter days and rep days. If they needed reps on the given day i'm sure they would forego the heavy session and go at another time of the day to do reps.

However as these things do, over time certain principles are more or less widely accepted and they tend to blur over the bigger picture. I think that is what happened with PL, and a similar thing could be said for pre-competition routnes in BB.

Last edited by Fazc; 07-26-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook