View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,553,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,553,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,553,481, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

One thing I will add...me and Glwanabe were talking about this the other day...most average recreational lifters won't need an abundance of isolation lifts. They are not competitors, and are more focused on overall size, strength or just looking good.

When I give advice, I am giving advice to recreational lifters who have yet to make substantial gains. To them I feel that isolation lifts beyond maybe calves, abs and biceps have little value.

Bodybuilders and powerlifters have different goals and needs. They may have injuries, or need lighter CNS breaks, or may have a lagging bodypart that isn't coming up for one reason or another. I don't pretend to advise them.

Most recreational lifters just need to add size and strength, and do it quickly. To do so, compound lifts and bodyweight lifts are the fastest way.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-11-2011 at 09:00 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook