View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,251, Level: 100 Points: 33,251, Level: 100 Points: 33,251, Level: 100
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Looks like a good approach but I personaly would tweak a few things.

To start with, lifting 6 days in a row is not optimum in terms of growth. You will burn out quite fast using compounds this way. I would do day 1: Chest/back, Day 2: Off, Day 3: Legs, day 4: Off, Day 5: shoulders/arms, day 6: Off.

The rows and presses works your arms to a high degree so isolating them more than once a week is not nessesary.

I would variate DB/BB presses for shoulders, and also for rows (db, bb, t-bar)

Do you have an injury that prevents you from deadlifting? Otherwise I would deadlift on backday too - 2x8 +warmup.

Are your goals to add size or to lose weight? Remember that recovery is essential and that alot of work are done at the dinner table.

And again; take it easy on the arm work and other isolation, focus on heavy compounds.

Good luck!

Share with Facebook