Max Brawn
Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 1yr since coming back
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Leg Press
Fav Supp: Thank god for elastamine!
My Mood: Inspired
Szelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributor

Lets talk about baby steps.
This was/is another key method in my progress.

I took the approach that I just wanted to lose 1 pound, and just keep doing that until I got to where I wanted to be. It makes the whole task seem less daunting. NOTE: At some point I changed my goal and became less concerned with what the scale said and more with how I looked/clothes fit, etc. (I don't mind weighing 300 if its all muscle). However, if your goal is to lose 100 pounds, you might want to take the 1 pound at a time approach.

The baby steps mentality has another important application, as follows:

Many folks, in their entusiasm to lose fat, try every trick in the book all at once. This usualy works, but only for a limited time. You see long term weight loss requires progression, just like building muscle/strength. The body will adapt to what you are doing. Keep this in mind and do only enough to promote fat loss. As long as it is working do not change it (unless you are groing bored). When you do hit a wall, then you should consider doing something more or something different.

In the mirror of adversity we see what we are truly made of.
Szelago is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook