Max Brawn
Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 1yr since coming back
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Leg Press
Fav Supp: Thank god for elastamine!
My Mood: Inspired
Szelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributor

You can set yourself up for failure or you can set yourself up for success.

Let's talk a little bit more about this because it really is fundamental and far reaching.

In practical terms:
1)Remove temptations - those things that may cause you to fail.
They may be different for you than they are for me, but you get the idea.
If you don't have twinkies in the pantry, they won't be calling to you and you can't just mindlessly reach for them in a moment of weakness. And there will be moments of weakness (but that is a whole other discussion).

2)Make it easy on yourself - keep the things that will lead to success handy and available. Going to a party, bring your own food/drink so that you minimize the gorging on all the great looking mystery dishes (macros?). Notice I said minimize, not eliminate. This does not have to be about purism and absolut-ism. An all or nothing approach, usually leads to failure.

more later....

In the mirror of adversity we see what we are truly made of.
Szelago is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook