Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
My Mood: Aggressive
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Form is relative to your leverages primarily,& then the secondary factors include: strong/weak muscles,joints,ligaments, tendons, athletic ability which consists of flexibility and agility/acceleration.

Most people either don't lift heavy enough to know what proper from is, let alone instruct other people about it. Also these same people are typically so narrow minded that they limit a "complex" & diverse movement such as the Squat to one specific function for :
To give a further example, for strength and lifting the heaviest possible weight on the deadlift there are a few things no matter the leverage/build that need to be done, shins touching bar,Scapulas over the bar, triceps flexed, back contracted, quads,hamstrings,glutes lower back,hips, upper back all engaged,(as well as all the other muscles)

This being said still doesn't mean if I told you to set up with all these factors that you or I will end up in the same positions due to accommodating leverages, however if either of us skipped any of the basic steps we both would be at risk for injury.

Its all part of the posterior chain & some cases anterior chain, but bottom line weakest links will cause injuries in the long run. If you don't flex your triceps, your risk tearing your biceps and after all no matter how you set up on the deadlift when locked out the triceps will be flexed, at one point or another the bar touches your shins, even if it pulls you forward because your shins were to close, or pulls into your shins because you were too far away.

The body will eventually balance itself out for the most part, but inefficient yields greater risks and diminished gains no matter what the purpose. So this all being said there are some universal techniques,forms that work, other things are accessories.

FOR INSTANCE Rounded UPPER backs VS Upright UPPER backs It doesn't matter its trivial, people hardly ever rupture a disc in their upper back, its usually the lower back, so long as your LOWER BACK is contracted be it a deadlift, stone lift or odd lift, your good to go. Rounding is used in the wrong reference for the upper back in deadlifts or stones because the scapula's are still behind the weight.

The olympic clean is a different movement because it is 1) a technical movement, 2) an un-natural movement & 3) a combination of several movements.

Problem is people get their advice, opinions, & techniques mixed up I only consult on power building & strength training because thats what I have experience in, thats what where my priorities lie. I would only tell someone outside of my lifting views universal tips, like no matter what the movement, pushing your knees out (spreading the floor) is always safer for you knees then having them buckle.And this movement has nothing to do with stances, just merely turning the toes out, in some case even thats not necessary.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook