Thread: Bones To Pick
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRaWNy View Post
For Bodybuilding for aesthetic reasons and/or competition reasons, I can accept tha diet is playing a big role.
But for adding muscles, strength, power and for functional reasons etc, I think the major role plays training, I and agree with MaB.

Training without dieting, can bring results.
But dieting without training is worthless.
If you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean.

And I hope I'm not sounding like a madman by downplaying diet and rest. I don't want the younger guys to take this advice and go crazy with it. But like MattB said...he made gains on less then perfect sleep. I did as well. I get 8 hours of sleep maybe 10% of days. And it's not for lack of trying. The body can still produce great gains on less then desirable sleep.

Regarding diet...good training with a horrible diet is always better then poor training and a perfect diet. I'm talking for muscle and strength gains. I'm not advocating a poor diet. But in college, I had to eat what was available. I didn't have a choice.

I ate pizza, cheesecake and lots of milk. And of course mac and cheese with tuna. Far from optimal, but I gained most of my mass on this diet.

The king will always be...more weight on the bar. Over the long haul, this factor is more important then any. The "diet is 80%" business, to me, always seemed like an off shoot of the supplement industry's mumbo jumbo. If they can get you paranoid, then your wallet will open.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook