View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #45
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100 Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100 Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I will add to Titan's statement on "blends". Whey is a fast digesting protein, and is good post-workout and first thing in the morning. If it is blend, it is "cut" with a slow digesting protein, making is less then optimal for those OCD about proper protein timing.

Me...I understand protein timing, but I've not sold on it's effectiveness nor simplicity.

For those keeping score at home, the basic premise behind fast digesting proteins like whey is that they get the body back into positive nitrogen balance when urgently needed...post-workout and in the morning.

I am not dismissing whey's effective offhand during these times on personal opinion, but I am skeptical based on personal experience.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook