View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn
Points: 11,312, Level: 70 Points: 11,312, Level: 70 Points: 11,312, Level: 70
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
My Mood: Cool
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Went through this last year Josh.

I was first referred to a sports medicine clinic, but that doctor gave me a BS response (stop doing what hurts and take pills), so I then went to see a PT (who himself lifts and is into sports medicine).

I should have gotten an MRI, but did not. A MRI would have let the PT know if what was wrong possibly required surgery. His stance was, we will treat it as if it does not--if it does not respond, you need to get an MRI and then be referred to a surgeon (which he wanted to avoid).

Even without that, he diagnosed my problem and put together a plan that eventually got me back into the gym again. I had to relearn how my shoulder blade was supposed to behave and strengthen my RC and a lot of other muscles.

Good luck!
I'm encouraged to hear that you got through it.
Anymore I have little faith in medical professionals and I fear that, unless I go to the right person, I will get the don't lift weights and take pills answer.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook