Old 02-15-2011, 01:17 AM   #3
xKyle10
xKyle10
has no status.
Disciple of Casey Butt
Max Brawn
Points: 4,707, Level: 43 Points: 4,707, Level: 43 Points: 4,707, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

xKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Ross View Post
Since you're familiar with Gironda Dips for the lower half, you should be familiar with his wide grip bench press to the neck (clavicle) for the upper half. Now before anyone says that'll kill your shoulders, they're right, but that's why you use a reverse grip so your elbows are tucked. I had the same problem you did, Dips and the Neck Press cured them. Vince Gironda's work really turns on a lot of lights when I read his stuff.
I actually was unaware of his wide grip bench to clavicles, but I was doing that on incline press as of late and have been pressing to clavicles.

I am assuming wide/reverse grip would have to be performed on a flat bench?

I would be interested in some links to Gironda's articles as I am only vaguely familiar with his principles.

Also, someone in the past suggested reverse grip dumbbell pressing, and dumbbell flyes starting with a neutral grip, and rotating the wrists so the back of the hands are almost facing each other at the top.

I am mainly just looking for ONE power exercise (could reverse/wide grip pressing be used not only for hypertrophy, but also adding strength increases routinely?) and a few good hypertrophy exercises for the "Light Day (Isolation Work)"
xKyle10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook