View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #187
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

So, as I was saying earlier today about how fullbody training is misunderstood by those who should know better, I offer this example. The names have been removed to protect the ignorant.

My post where I quoted BTB, and added some comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Absolutely. Hop on board. We would love to know your thoughts.

We are trying hard to re-explore a frontier that was abandoned by Weider and gang, and I personally have a lot to learn and look forward to your thoughts on your program.

I fully believe that we are missing a valuable way to train due to media, and marketing over the years. I can't tell you how often I see, "Trainers" call fullbody a beginner only type of programming.

There is a lot of research that contradicts what is being peddled to the masses as the supposedly, "modern" way of training. I shake my head when people talk about the, "modern split". Split training has been around since the mid 1950's. It is not modern at all.

Off topic...

In general, I believe fullbody workouts are much more evolutionary in nature (as opposed to the program hopping mindset), and for this reason they tend to be less of a headache for me, as I am generally not much of a program hopper (except for 2010).

Authority Figure 1
Quote:
Like any method of training, once the body has adapted then you have to change. Like it says in the in the posts bendthebar has quoted "I don't always use a three day full body split, but at least 4 months out of my training year is done full body style. It is also the best way to train when calories are lowest, like pre-contest"

Full body routines are ok for beginners or for a change, but not for building, it was used by the old time bodybuilders, but is rarely used by bodybuilders these days as a main method of training

Ignorant authority figure 2
Quote:
Apologies in advance, but I tend to agree that once you get through the phase of your training wherein your body is aclimating itself to resistance training, (6 months or so for most people), this routines is not enough to give you gains and you should probably move toward something mopre of a 3 or 4 day split.

It is sad that these people are giving advice with how little they know. The workout in question only needed to have 1 more set added after a few months of training to bring it fully inline with the things we have talked about today.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-19-2011 at 07:48 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook