View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #184
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Great updates GL. A big thumbs up on progression. That seems like a fairly trivial topic, but from my experience it can be one of the most difficult topics for trainees to understand.
Agreed. I'll post up a few more thoughts on progression shortly.

Quote:
Absolutely. Hop on board. We would love to know your thoughts.

We are trying hard to re-explore a frontier that was abandoned by Weider and gang, and I personally have a lot to learn and look forward to your thoughts on your program.

I fully believe that we are missing a valuable way to train due to media, and marketing over the years. I can't tell you how often I see, "Trainers" call fullbody a beginner only type of programming.

There is a lot of research that contradicts what is being peddled to the masses as the supposedly, "modern" way of training. I shake my head when people talk about the, "modern split". Split training has been around since the mid 1950's. It is not modern at all.

Off topic...

In general, I believe fullbody workouts are much more evolutionary in nature (as opposed to the program hopping mindset), and for this reason they tend to be less of a headache for me, as I am generally not much of a program hopper (except for 2010).

Quote:
Thanks BT. We're glad you and guys (and gals) like Carl, MC, 5kg, Abs and the like are over here with us.

I have a lot to learn about fullbodies as well, and still feel like a rookie.
I still have a lot to learn about fullbody. The more I dig, and study, the more I just love this style of training. It is not easy, which is one reason I love it so much. It is a challenge, and I feel like I have really accomplished something at the end of a session.

There is a definate difference as to how your approach a split versus a fullbody. Once you understand how to work a fullbody, and have settled into it, it just feels right. Especially after you have started to see some progression, and can see how everything fits together.

It's great that some more experienced lifters are joining in on this. I'm really looking forward to your comments as you work into the program. It will be interesting to see the progression as you work into the intermediate aspects of the next level of the routine.

Last edited by glwanabe; 01-19-2011 at 02:55 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook