Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Too much sugar (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8332)

angie828 12-24-2011 09:24 AM

Too much sugar

My husband drinks coffee like crazy, and has to add sugar to it and milk. Well he is getting too much sugar in his diet. What are some good alternatives to making his coffee taste better without so much sugar?

Off Road 12-24-2011 10:00 AM

I only drink my coffee black, so I can't help much.

Disciple X 12-24-2011 10:41 AM

Stevia... only sweetener that i know of thats actually good for you. Some say it helps regulate blood sugar. I use it in my coffee and green tea. I'm enjoying a cup as i type this... mmmmm...

jasonjduke 01-09-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie828 (Post 200777)
My husband drinks coffee like crazy, and has to add sugar to it and milk. Well he is getting too much sugar in his diet. What are some good alternatives to making his coffee taste better without so much sugar?

I love coffee with cream and sugar, but I also like it black - here is how I do it.

Buy dark brown sugar - very rich tasting and it matches coffee well. You need less, plus it actually has nutrition in it to counteract the sugar. Actually if you bake and use sugar in any of your cooking always use dark brown sugar or add molasses as it contains a good amount of B vitamins and other important nutrients naturally found in sugar cane. I find adding a good amount of wheat germ to any homemade sweets makes them much better - almost like your not eating junk food - almost.

Do not use a paper filter as it adds a bitter note to coffee. Try a french press with a metal filter - it has a slightly richer taste and a bit more sweetness.

Switch to cream instead of milk. A little goes a lot futher than milk.

bamazav 01-09-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 200786)
I only drink my coffee black, so I can't help much.

If God wanted it sweet and white, He would have made it that way. I like stevia as a sweetener.

oh

ROOOLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Dr.Abs 01-10-2012 07:31 PM

try using splenda & non-dairy creamer then gradually moving to straight black coffee; worked for me.

mab54 01-10-2012 10:19 PM

On the rare chance I do drink coffee I use splenda and sometimes add cinnamon, just make sure to stir very well if you add cinnamon.

bruteforce 01-11-2012 10:39 AM

I add Cinnamon flavored whey powder to my coffee now. Gives me some protein until I'm awake enough to handle the thought of eating solid food.

chippper 01-12-2012 01:40 PM

I see they have sugar twin at my store. Just like sugar without the calories.

pploon 01-12-2012 04:00 PM

Have him slowly go off sugar. Or try sugar cubes. Tell him he can only add one at a time.