Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   UPDATE! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8250)

gethuge69 12-16-2011 07:52 PM

UPDATE!

Wassup all,

A little while back you guys gave me some great advice!! I listened and my updated stats are:

age - 23
weight - 157
Bench - 250x3
Squat 280 x 5
Deadlift - 310x5

I haven't made anymore gains on the routine that you guys co-signed for me so now after a few months i'm looking to do something new! I trained a lot for strength and to get my #s up as you guys said to, now i really want to grow more and focus on bodybuilding! I'm tryna decide on which routine to do, and picked some out, and wanted to know which you guys feel is best..

My ideas: Westside for Skinny Bastards (although I workout at home)
The tom mutaffis split- Tom Mutaffis 3-Day Split - Bodybuilding.com Forums
A routine I saw off ironadicts.com:

Monday:
Squats 2 x 5
Lunges 2 x 10 (
SLDL 3 x 8
Pull thru or db swings 3 x10
Calves (your choice of exercise if you like) 2 x 15

Tuesday:
Wide grip flat bench 3 x 6 (index fingers on the rings)
hammer grip dbs 2 x 8-12 reps
Incline db ench 2x10
tricep push downs 2 x 8-10
db side laterals 2 x 10reps
db front raises 2 x 10reps
pull-a-parts 2 x 20rep

Thursday:
Dead lifts 2 x 5
rows 2 x 4-8reps
Chins 2x failure weighted
lat pull downs pull downs 2 x 8reps
Standing curls 2 x 8-12 reps (or your favorite curl here)
hammer curls or reverse curls 2 x 8-12rep

Off Road 12-16-2011 08:05 PM

I see you weigh 157 lbs. How tall are you and how much weight did you gain on your current routine?

gethuge69 12-16-2011 08:09 PM

5'5

Idk hoow much I gained On my orignal routoone maybe 5 to 7 lbs but I've stalled n need do new sumthoin else

Off Road 12-16-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gethuge69 (Post 198680)
5'5

Idk hoow much I gained On my orignal routoone maybe 5 to 7 lbs but I've stalled n need do new sumthoin else

Was that English? lol
I'm guessing if you had eaten better you would still be gaining on your other routine. And that's without even knowing the routine you were doing. Working through progression will be ultimately more valuable than looking for a new routine.

gethuge69 12-16-2011 08:22 PM

Lol sorry on my phone.. Well my other routine was more geared towards strength and I'm not adding weight to the bar anymore- my diet is good. So which routine would you recommend?

gethuge69 12-16-2011 09:27 PM

So can you guys recommend me something?

Off Road 12-16-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gethuge69 (Post 198683)
Well my other routine was more geared towards strength and I'm not adding weight to the bar anymore-

So you need to find out why you aren't getting stronger. If all you do is switch routines, you will soon run into the exact same problem with the new one. You will have learned nothing.

BendtheBar 12-16-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

I haven't made anymore gains on the routine that you guys co-signed for me so now after a few months i'm looking to do something new! I trained a lot for strength and to get my #s up as you guys said to, now i really want to grow more and focus on bodybuilding!
For us to help you need to provide us with some specific information. When you say you haven't made "anymore gains" does this mean you aren't gaining muscle, or that your strength gains are slowing?

What does your average daily eating look like, and what is your height?

I see a lot of guys who say "they aren't making gains" but are still building strength. You should be pushing yourself during every workout, and if you are at least adding a rep or two here or there, or a few pounds here or there, you are still making gains.

Please tell us your routine and give us as much specific information about strength gains during the last 2 months.

gethuge69 12-17-2011 12:01 AM

I was using IronAddicts Simple Power Based ROutine.. My strrength gains have not gone up in weeks, as in i haven't been able to add any weight to the bar.. Im 5'5 .. and my goal is to get big--

MikeC 12-17-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gethuge69 (Post 198727)
I was using IronAddicts Simple Power Based ROutine.. My strrength gains have not gone up in weeks, as in i haven't been able to add any weight to the bar.. Im 5'5 .. and my goal is to get big--

What are you eating each day? Give us a look at an average day's meals.