Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Weight Gainers (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7940)

jwood 11-16-2011 09:07 PM

Weight Gainers

I know this has been talked about a lot, and I think most people here just say to eat more to gain weight. I am now working in a very fast paced environment and it is going to only get crazier. So, I pretty much right now eat before work, at lunch and on my way home before the gym, big meal after the gym

My thought was to add a weightgainer shake throughout the day. Basically drink half of it mid morning and half mid afternoon. I am in a bulking phase right now, but not a crazy bulk. Just trying to put on some weight.

I really just wanted to throw this up here, but also want to get some opinions from you guys. Is this a good idea, and what weight gainers have you used in the past? Good or bad?

I have used universal nutrition's real gains and liked it a lot. My plan was to maybe order this stuff again, but I am still thinking about this whole idea.

Disciple X 11-16-2011 09:20 PM

Try it and see man... i used to use them. Real gains is honestly one of my favorites. Serious mass is pretty stout at 1250 cal or so per serving, but its thick and tough to get down...

Disciple X 11-16-2011 09:23 PM

Outside of weight gainers, look into healthy fats... fat is 9 cal/ gram so its more than twice as callorie dense s carbs or protein... olive oil, etc. Easy to jack up your cals and they're very healthy...

jwood 11-16-2011 09:25 PM

Thanks man, I try to get as much healthy fat in as possible, I take fish oil 3-4 times a day and add olive oil to everything I can. I am not really into taking shots of olive oil though. Does not sound fun at all.

bruteforce 11-16-2011 09:38 PM

I always keep a bucket of macadamia nuts with me at my desk. Sorry I can't be more help on gainers, but I'm guessing the appeal of them is the easy transport and quick eating. One of my big favorites for portable calories are pecans baked with butter, then mixed in more butter and stevia.

Disciple X 11-16-2011 09:40 PM

I thought fish oil would have decent callories, but 2 fish oils are 25 cals :-/ i looked a few min ago :)

Load up on peanut butter sandwiches. Lol

jwood 11-16-2011 10:25 PM

PB sandwiches are a staple in my diet right now. I just thought the weight gainer would be something easy to sip on all day and keep my calories coming in.

Disciple X 11-16-2011 10:36 PM

Take em down!

Traphouse86 11-17-2011 12:16 AM

I've pretty much tried every weight gainer in the book lol . Have not used them in awhile but the first one I took was Serious Mass and I have came back to it many times. For me it is tried and true. As DX said though it is a little tough at first but you will get used to it.

markievicz 11-17-2011 03:32 AM

when i was last trying to get some weight on i would bring two shakers of ON Serious Mass with me to work, which worked perfectly and suited requirements at the time.

ive since moved onto USN Muscle Fuel , but i dont think you US guys can get that over there,

much better product in my opinion